Introduction Description for 21c Museum MGallery Hotel Cincinnati
The 21c Museum MGallery Hotel Cincinnati is located in The Queen City, adjacent to the Contemporary Art Center and across the street from the Aronoff Center for the Arts the 21c Museum Hotel is a multi-venue modern art museum, and an award-winning boutique hotel that has 156 rooms and the home of the Metropole restaurant.
21c engaged the architects and interiors firm Deborah Berke Partners to reimagine the 100-year-old Metropole Hotel, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is now a modern gallery, hotel boutique as well as a bar and restaurant. The design team worked with the goal to bring back the original character of this once-grand hotel and create an innovative, contemporary space to display the work of contemporary artists.
The 156 guest rooms are furnished with a custom-designed furniture collection that gives an upscale atmosphere, offering a cozy escape from the enthralling art and constant energy that fills the galleries of the museum.
The hotel is also home to an art museum for contemporary times located just across an avenue from the Aronoff Center for the Arts which is adjacent to the Contemporary Arts Center and an 8-minute walk to Duke Energy Convention Center. Duke Energy Convention Center.
The chic rooms are decorated with original artwork The rooms are equipped with original artwork, complimentary WiFi flat-screen TVs with flat screens and iPod docks, as well as premium sheets and coffee makers. Suites include wet rooms, two vanities, seating or dining areas.
The art galleries on site are open 24 hours a day. There’s an art shop, a spa, and an all-hours gym. The restaurant is art-filled and serves food made with a custom-built fireplace made of wood and a rooftop cocktail terrace that offers views of the city’s skyline.
Guest rooms come with:
- Free Wi-Fi
- 42″ HDTV flat screen television
- Alarm Clock/Docking Station
- Malin+Goetz Bath Amenities
- Luxury Bedding
- Custom tile designed in Cincinnati by the Rookwood Pottery Company
- Original Illustration from Laura Lee Brown
- 21c Museum MGallery Hotel Cincinnati hotel is accessible however it’s not wheelchair accessible therefore I would not recommend this hotel.
- It’s a gorgeous modern, contemporary hotel. It is accessible. However, there are some steps as well as a tiny hydraulic lift.
- There’s one step at entry (curb) as well as a one on the 3rd floor prior to you can access accessible rooms. So don’t reserve a third floor room. It’s a bit odd to be on the floor that is accessible for wheelchair rooms, but they are.
- To gain access to the 2nd gallery, which is on the opposite part of the structure, you must take only a few steps. They have put in a tiny hydraulic lift that requires the use of a key at the reception desk.
- The rest within the hotel can be wheelchair-friendly.