Introduction Description 27 State Street Bed and Breakfast
Hidden in the French Quarter in the old French Quarter, between Queen and Chalmers, at 27 State Street, sits a well-preserved example of the early 1800’s lifestyle.
Once you pass through this iron entrance gate the residence built in 1814 and enter the lovely first-floor courtyard, take note of the distinct Old World influence of the interior and exterior as you allow yourself to take a trip back the time where carriages, horses sailors, and gentry dotted the streets of this most historic of the cities in South Carolina. While you walk up to the second floor’s open air area you can run your fingers on the stair-rail’s patina’d surface and take in the scent of jasmine flowers in the cool, southern air.
A flat-screen cable television and bathroom with shower are included. Each room is equipped with hardwood floors and antique furniture in the State Street Bed and Breakfast. State Street Bed and Breakfast.
Lounge on the terrace or consult the concierge for suggestions regarding local places to visit. A bottle of wine complimentary is included with every reservation.
27 State is the perfect base to begin your Charleston visit. The hotel is situated in the middle of The French Quarter historic district, close to the carriage tour lines and just a few steps away from a number of Charleston’s most popular tourist attractions, restaurants and shopping districts. You will be surrounded by art theaters, galleries (Dock Street Theatre and Footlight Playhouse) private residences and boutiques. Take a stroll through in the Charleston City Market and the Waterfront Park. Explore beautiful churches from the past (French Huguenotand St. Phillips) as well as the historical Old Slave Mart Museum…all within two blocks.
Arrival & Car Parking
Parking for public vehicles is available in the vicinity (reservation is not required) and costs around $20 per day.
- Parking garage
Reception & Entrance
- Private check-in/check-out
- Concierge service
- Luggage storage
- Tour desk
- The property is located in central French Quarter located just one block away from Market as well as East Bay Streets; three blocks away from King Street’s old district. In the walls of the old city, and easily accessible by foot to many historic buildings and historical sites.
- Each room has an entrance that is private from the veranda or courtyard, as well as a separate bath. The veranda is a beautiful spot to catch the breeze of the harbor coming from Waterfront Park, only two blocks away.
- Complimentary Wireless Internet
- Gourmet continental breakfast buffet served on the veranda. It is served with fresh fruit from the local area and delicious breads and pastries from local bakeries
- French press gourmet coffee
- Cable TV
- Air conditioning
- Iron & ironing board
- Blow dryer
Accessible Rooms and Bathrooms Accessibility
State Room State Room’s ceilings with vaults as well as exposed brick walls represent to be the heart of Charleston’s European style. All the rooms are situated within the original stables of the building. The queen-sized rice bed blends well with antique furniture and features a vintage chest that sits at the foot of the bed. The room has a huge bathroom, as well as tall doors for plantation. The oak floors, which date back to the year 100, extend across the room. The State Room is a room that adjoins which can be used to host two additional guests. For more details and pricing please contact us directly.
The Master Suite is on the second level, right off the veranda. The living area overlooks State Street and features plush furniture. Antique furniture is a feature in every room, and there’s a gorgeous tapestry that hangs on the hall. The master bedroom’s focal point is a queen-sized bed that has a luxurious full bathroom on the side. The bath has a vintage stained glass rose skylight as well as the original oak flooring.
- Adults only
- Air conditioning
- Smoking is not permitted throughout
- Parquet floors or hardwood flooring
- Private entrance
- Non-smoking rooms
- Air conditioning